Thursday 8 December 2011

The Football Analyst

Name: Jonathan B
Age: 29
Birthplace: East London

Education: 8 GCSE's, 3 A'Levels (2 C's & a D ), Joint Honors degree Business studies with Marketing and Human Resource Management (2:1)

First Job: At 13 I had a paper round earning £11 a week. At 16, lived the teenage dream flipping burgers at McDonald's. To be fair it was a laugh, despite the £3.50 an hour wage.

Current job: Football Analyst.

Best Job: To be honest all my jobs have been fantastic, the people have always made the working environment a pleasure to be in. I worked in a cinema whilst doing my A'levels which was great because of the free films and single ladies. I worked at Coral head office for 4 years as a Production Assistant and Advertising Exec, I loved this job because it was closely connected to the sporting industry which I defy any man not to get passionate about. I literally got to watch various live sports all day. Despite all these great roles, my current role as a Football Analyst is by far my best job. I basically get paid to watch and analyse football matches, yes you heard correctly, and no I never thought a job like this existed, but thankfully for me it does.

How did you get this dream job? It was a massive stroke of luck. My sister Charlene sent me a random email that she had received from an organisation looking to recruit football analysts. I thought it was too good to be true, but applied on the off chance as I was due some luck, and I got the job. The rest they say is history.

Dream job as a child? A billionaire, footballer, fire fighter.

Dream job now? An MP, I've got strong opinions and would like to better the society I am living in. A district attorney - clearly I've been watching too much 'Law and Order' (seriously my favourite programme of all time. Lots of stick off the big sis for it).

How will you achieve your dream job? I'd achieve my dream of being an MP by researching how to become an active member of the labour party. My main agenda would be to address youth unemployment and put in place the tools to enhance youth employment prospects. Becoming a District Attorney is virtually impossible, that's why it's a dream.

What is the best advice you have been given? Don't get married.

What is the best advice you'd give? Even if you fail at first, if you have the right mentality, attitude and desire you will succeed no matter what.

Who is your inspiration/role model? My dad. He came to this country as a young man with very little. He faced more obstacles than I have and has overcome them all.

What is the one thing you would change about yourself or the world? If I could change the world there would be no hate. If I'd could change myself I'd be 4 inches taller.

What is the key to a successful career/life? Being happy with what you can achieve.

Recommend someone you know to take this interview: My sister Charlene B

1 comment:

Charlene said...

I'm sure that's not the best advice you've been given Jon, probably the worst! Lol x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...