Friday 20 January 2012

I don't 'heart' housework

Touché - Image from pulpshop.co.uk
I'm in the midst of a massive decluttering exercise and let me tell you it is painful. Very, very, extremely painful. We have sooo much stuff. I can't bear it. I don't even know where to start. I'm in a spin, but this absolutely HAS to be done.

I think I'll start with the children's clothes, shoes and toys. That should be a quick win. Everything they have outgrown will be sent to our local church and charities. Then I'll sort through my stuff and the better half's.

Then there is the paperwork. Please don't get me started on dreaded paperwork. I've accumulated so may bills, bank statements and boring papery toot over the months, it's built up like a dusty mountain in the corner of my bedroom or been shoved in a drawer somewhere. Every time I have a clear out I vow to get more organised, shred my documents every three months and file everything away neatly. Of course this never happens, shredding is way too boring and I've got three kids to tend to, never mind the daily grind of housework.

Why is it that housework is never ending? Just when you think you're on top of it - the laundry is done, carpet hoovered, dishwasher loaded, floors mopped, work surfaces gleaming and every toy in its rightful place. Poof! - everything is in chaos again.


Keeping up with housework is an unachievable and depressing task. Time to maybe employ a cleaner.

But I'd probably spend so much time making the house presentable for them to come and clean, they'd really be no point.


Oh life.....

3 comments:

hope in high heels said...

We went through (a forced de-cluttering) when we moved from NYC to Melbourne... Went from three bedrooms to one... Hated doing it, but it was so worth it. It's really nice knowing exactly what I have and where it is. Goodluck!

Unknown said...

I'm hoping for the same outcome : )

Bailey Ana said...

You already know how I feel about this, a necessary terrible evil! You always feel great once it's done & promise yourself that you will keep on top of it... And then you end up with a huge mess another day... sigh...

x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...