Wednesday 4 January 2012

Mad busy

This should help me to unwind - image from Basehead 
There are not enough hours in the day.

My last few posts have followed a similar vein, I'm not sure what is going on but it is so frustrating. I am so FRUSTRATED.

It can't help that I'm quite impatient. Everything needs to be done now, immediately. This INSTANT. I've got a million things to do and the time is always running away from me.

Take yesterday for example.

Day starts. Feed the children, wash the children, dress the children, entertain the children, soothe crying baby.

Housework. Make up the beds, load the dishwasher, do the laundry, hoover up, soothe crying baby. Put away the laundry, tidy up, tidy up again, then tidy up some more, referee a squabble, make lunch, eat lunch, make bottles, change nappies, soothe crying baby.

Debate whether to go out. Shocking weather, decide not to go out. Reason with defiant toddler, discipline defiant toddler, respond to the question 'Why?' from an inquisitive 4 year old for the millionth time, make dinner, eat dinner, children brush teeth, read children story, children say prayers, soothe crying baby, children to bed.

Carry out research online for blog, write blog, think of ways to promote blog, blog, blog, blog, blog...by this time it's usually past midnight!!!

I'm working myself into a frenzy here. There is too much to do, I need to slow down, but I don't want to. Not really. I am enjoying the freedom that writing brings, but with three small children it's a juggling act.

Got to push through. I can do this!

3 comments:

Charlene said...

Yes, you can do this!and you are doing this!keep it up sis and don't stop praying for strength and guidance x

hope in high heels said...

You ARE doing this! Thank you for being so candid about what life is like combining kids and ambition/intellectual stimulation. Please keep going - you're an inspiration and a great role model for the next generation of women!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comments Hope.

It is great people like you who make all of this worthwhile. I am so glad you are finding inspiration from my exploits lol. It is tough but so very, very rewarding.

Natalie x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...