Thursday 23 February 2012

A shaky start

Image from www.cahiley.com 
February is rapidly coming to an end and so I thought I’d give a little update on my 2012 goals. I think it’s therapeutic to review my accomplishments so far and see where needs more work. If the truth be known it's all been a bit shaky, but all is not yet lost.

1) Eating healthily & more exercise - 
This has been an epic fail. If anything I'm eating more junk and doing less exercise. Very disheartening. I hate to give excuses but I'm so tired all of the time, I'm just eating whatever is quick and to hand. I must try harder to make healthier food choices. I need to get to grips with this. It is currently a joke!

2) Get son christened - Booking the date in the next few days.

3) Swimming lessons for my children - This is proving to be more difficult than expected. My local leisure centre is booked up for the next six months. I could book lessons for my baby boy and middle daughter, as there is availability for their age groups but I can't leave my eldest out. Plus I need to coordinate diaries with my sister and mother in law because each child needs to be accompanied by an adult. I'm disappointed that the process hasn't been as straightforward as I'd hoped but those lessons will get booked by hook or by crook. Alternatively we may ditch the lessons and just take them for a fun splash about each week instead, at least then they'll get used to the pool, they love water anyway - simples.

4) Organise finances - Now I'm a person who loves to save and although the better half isn't a big spender, we have different approaches when it comes to money. I'm working hard to get us both on the same page so we can start putting a decent lump sum away each month. Hoping to get this properly established sharpish.

5) Establish a way to make money from home -  That is still very much a work in progress. I’m taking each day at a time.

6) Do more fun/silly things with my children - I must admit I'm struggling with this one. I can be goofy with my kids from time to time, but daily is tough. I'm a bit of a control freak I'm ashamed to admit, and I find that once I get my kids hyped up with silly play it's tough to get them back on an even keel. It usually ends with constant threats of having to sit on the naughty step because of their failure to calm down. *sigh*

7) Spend more time with family and friends This is improving but still a work in progress. I've got some play dates booked and want to visit my grandmother next week. The kids would love to see their beloved Nanna. Me too.


8) A family holiday to Barbados - I need to get my son’s passport sorted. I fear this may be a bit of a pipe dream, but I am determined to try and go on some sort of vacation abroad before my eldest starts school and holidays are forever dictated by term times.

9) Work out how to credit photos properly on blogger -  The lovely Maria at Cheeky Pink Tulip helped me with this. I was using the old blogger interface hence the issues. All sorted now. Thanks Maria!!

10) Build my blog and meet more inspirational people through the world of blogging - Slowly but surely I’m getting there I'm meeting lots of great people and I’m loving it.


So that’s my update, still lots to improve on but lots of time still. How are you getting on with your goals for 2012?

2 comments:

Jennifer Jain said...

Looks like you're doing really well! It's difficult to eat well when you're tired all the time, I struggle with this. Sometimes you just need a quick snack to keep going, and something sugary is the easiest thing to grab.

One of my goals for the year was to start watching what I eat...I've not been doing that well but have restarted again this week so I'll see how I go! I don't have a lot of weight to lose, but my clothes are getting tight so I need to be a bit careful!

KJB Pony Adventures said...

Hi Natalie (sorry it's been such a long time since I stopped by). As you say Feb has definitely whizzed by. I can't believe how quickly it's gone and I havent done half the things I had wanted to do by now.

I too want to teach Youngling how to swim. Think I will try doing it myself to begin with and see how we get on. That way I get a little exercise too ;-) Keep up the good work and let me know the secret to success from earning a living working at home ;-) I would like to joing you on that xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...