Saturday 4 February 2012

Wonderful world, wonderful people

Image from petsfoto.com
Just when you think the human race has gone to pot, along comes someone who makes your day.

After a few days of hibernation due to a stressful week, the children and I ventured out. It's always an effort to get out and about with three children and no car, but with resolve in my heart, and a positive attitude I bit the bullet and we left the house.


I took them on a long walk showing them the route I used to take to school. My middle daughter is two and a half and I make her walk much to her dismay. I do feel guilty because she is only little, but it's so much easier pushing the baby in the Maclaren rather than using our bulky double buggy. You can't get it on trains, buses or through doors. Plus getting the monstrosity into a car boot is a nightmare not to mention the lack of storage space at the bottom, so there's nowhere to put your shopping. No disrespect to the buggy because the design is fab and I wish I could use the thing, but it's just too much grief. Better designed for the countryside I think.

Anyway we took the long walk at snails pace and even then my middle child was moaning that she was tired. I gritted my teeth, this was painful, it was bitterly cold and we were only halfway into the journey. Finally we reached the warmth of the local chip shop and sat down for tasty fish and chip lunch. Next onto the soft play area, then into Morrisons to get some bits.

As we left the supermarket I braced myself for the walk back home, at this point both girls were whining lots. I put on a brave face and gave words of encouragement. Ahead of me I saw a lady loading her car, her smiley face looking warm and open. I smiled back outwardly, my face probably failing to hide my inner angst, or maybe she could tell through 'mummy intuition'. As I got closer I saw she had three boys not too much older than my three children. She sympathised with me as she could see my girls were struggling. She asked where I was going, when I told her she balked. She knew I still had a way to go.

Then to my amazement she told me to wait whilst she asked her neighbour to look after her boys so she could drop us home. I was lost for words, here was this wonderful stranger offering to take us out of the cold, out of our misery and give us a lift home. It was so unexpected and I was so extremely grateful. There are wonderful people in this world who seem to pop up out of nowhere to make our day brighter.

Not only was she my lifesaver, but I've made a new friend and already we're planning to meet up with our children for a play date. What a beautiful world we live in!

Thank you Nicola. May God richly bless you and your family x

4 comments:

KiddyCharts said...

How wonderful - I had a similar experience when I broke down and was saved by someone who overheard my plight. Restores your faith in human nature, doesn't it?

Unknown said...

It sure does. Thanks for your comment : )

Jennifer Jain said...

That is a really lovely heartwarming story, what a kind lady!

Unknown said...

Hi Jennifer, thanks for commenting, she was lovely. Completely restored my faith in human kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...