Thursday 15 March 2012

Launderette bliss

Image from launderettesigns.com
Is it just me or does anyone else find it utterly relaxing to sit in the launderette?

I think I may be a little strange because I absolutely love going to my local and drying sackfuls of freshly washed clothes.

As soon as I walk through the shiny glass door a calmness envelops me. Maybe it's a combination of the fresh scent of washing powder, the gentle whirring of appliances and the fact that I'm about to accomplish (yet again), the endless household chore that is laundry, but I just love the way being in that little place makes me feel. Settled and at ease.

As I sit opposite the giant washer on its final spin. The rhythmic din clears my head and sends me into another space and time. Of course there are other people at the launderette too, but I am so at one with myself I don't even notice them and I am sure they must feel the same.
 
 
It's just me in the hazy world of laundrette bliss. No other half, no children, no distractions, just me and my thoughts and the giant washing machines and tumble dryers, cleansing stubborn stains, turning soggy and wet into dry, fluffy and warm, forgetting worries, co-existing peacefully. Hmmm must go more often...

Image from kentonline.co.uk 

2 comments:

Charlene said...

Your Bonkers sis!

Unknown said...

Pah! You'll understand once you have kids of your own....lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...