Friday 9 March 2012

Nappy bag woes

I need a big bag like this methinks.
Image from dinodirect.com
No matter how hard I try my nappy bag is always a disorganised mess. It is filled to the brim with things I really don't need, but I've convinced myself that I do.
 

Of course it should contain the essentials I need to survive when I'm out with my three small children. But items just get thrown in, often in a mad rush. So everything shambles together making it impossible to find ANYTHING, EVER!!

This morning I was rooting around the bag for vaseline to put on my middle child's chaffed nose. Could I find it? Of course not, despite seeing it yesterday.

So I end up doing the inevitable. Emptying out the dreaded bag and this is the list of the contents that were found:


2 head scarves for me???
1 pair of leather gloves mine
A bundle of tissues
My purse
2 muslin cloths
1 odd sock
7 bibs
2 burp clothes
1 pair mittens
A sandwich bag containing two crackers
2 virtually empty tubes of nappy cream without the lids
A box of bickiepegs for my teething son which contained two bickies

A pair of my eldest daughter's dirty socks
2 pairs of scratch mittens
Numerous odd/single scratch mittens???
1 pot of fruit purée
3 baby spoons
4 medicine syringes (so that's where they've all be hiding)
1 empty packet of chocolate buttons
6 pens (no wonder I can never find one when I need one)
A bottle of calpol
1 new born hat. (Why? My baby is nearly nine months)
A mini etch a sketch. (Don't ask)
2 sanitary towels (sorry if tmi. They of course were wrapped in their little package)
1 pack of painkillers for me
A selection of hair bands and hair clips
Sellotape???
2 pots of vapour rub???
1 nappy (the one thing the bag is actually designed for conatins the least of...)
 


After all of that, of course I didn't find the vaseline. Typical. But at least now I know why I can never close the pesky thing, too much useless toot. I will have a thorough declutter today and will return with a lean, mean nappy bag which only contains items of use.



Yeah right!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow girl! I thought my bag gets bad! That is too funny! I can so relate! XO
Lisa

Unknown said...

I know. It's so embarrassing. Things just get piled in.

Must do better lol....

Unknown said...

That's so funny. You need to empty it regularly and most probably buy a different more organised bag! I love (changing) bags, I wrote a very long post a while ago about all the stuff we need to fit in them. As a I say, perfect excuse to buy a new one ;)

Unknown said...

Definitely need to purchase a new one with more compartments. Changing bag, nappy bag, handbag, junk bag the uses are endless.

I do love my nappy/changing bags but must begin to treat them with more kindness hehee

Unknown said...

My bag nowadays is a nappy and wipe dispenser/snack bar. You may get on well with one of the Mia Tui bags, I find mine so organised, I actually find things in them! www.miatui.com

Unknown said...

Ooooh thanks for the recommendation. Will definitely look them up.

Jennifer Jain said...

I can't believe you had fitted so much in! It is amazing how many random things find their way in before you notice though!

Unknown said...

I know. It's hilarious...

Unknown said...

...and rather mortifying heeeha : )

KJB Pony Adventures said...

I was terrible for hoarding things in my nappy bag. I even put things like books, notepads, pens, shopping trolly key ring pounds, spare tops (for me). Randoms. So glad when Youngling potty trained himself (well 3/4 of the training lol). Bring on the nappy free hand bag ;-) xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...