Monday 2 April 2012

Inspirational Interview‏ - Beautella's Boutique




I'm pleased to introduce the immensely talented Miss Whitney Quaynor a young entrepreneur making waves with her beautiful, handmade button earrings courtesy of her new start up Beautella's Boutique. Here I catch up with Whitney and get her to spill the beans on why running her own business is so enjoyable.

Name: Whitney
Age: 23
Birthplace: London
Where do you live now? London

Education: Degree in computing studies

What was your very first job? Waitress

What is your current job? Graphic Designer/ PA

What was your dream job as a child and why? To be a counsellor. As I liked listening to other people.

What is your dream job now and why? My current role now

Tell us about your venture Beautella's Boutique.  My venture is just to put a smile on girls faces. I know to keep up with fashion can be pricey, so I wanted to create an affordable accessory for all girls, which is timeless in fashion.

What inspired you to set this business up? I started making my earrings purely for myself. However I kept on getting compliments and girls wanted to know how to purchase them. So I thought I will share my designs with others.

What advice would you give to anyone wanting to set up their own business? Just go for it! However start slow, test the waters before you put major commitment to it. And be prepared to be swamped!

What are you enjoying about running your own business? Having a personal relationship with my customers. And also knowing that my earrings are going all over the world!

What is the best advice you have been given? Keep a record of everything. It can be time consuming but it really let's you understand the state of your business in black and white.

Who is your inspiration/role model and why? I don't have one... Anyone that is successful yet humble.

What is the key to a successful life/career? If I knew the exact answer to this I would be a millionaire by now! I guess be patient and be willing to take risks. Always think positively.







If you'd like to purchase some Beautella's Boutiquesgoodies then visit:
Beautellasboutique.etsy.com 

Watch this space for news on my next competition  giveaway where the fantastic prize will be a selection of gorgeous Beautella's Boutique button earrings!!

2 comments:

Charlene said...

I love a nice pair of earrings! great patterns & fabrics

Tilly said...

nice....I love the interview

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...