Tuesday 8 May 2012

Meerkats


Source
We were at the park feeding the ducks and out of nowhere my eldest daughter (who, may I add is only four and a half) said to me; 




"Meerkats exist". 





Now I love Meerkats, they are so cute, but I'm not sure why she said what she did, but then that's kids for you.





"That's a big word". I responded. "Do you know what it means?"
 



Without a moments hesitation she replied "It means they are real."




"Wow!" I exclaimed. "High five."  Deep inside I was beaming.





Children can be so darn cute and clever sometimes.

8 comments:

Charlene said...

Awww Love her! When I first saw this post I thought you was going to say you saw Meerkats in the park!ha xx

Unknown said...

That would be a something worth seeing : )

Actually Mummy... said...

That's the reason I started my blog! I love how proud I am when they say stuff I never knew they could understand!

Unknown said...

Actually Mummy blogging is great for that isn't it?

And children are so intelligent. I am in awe most days x

Mammasaurus said...

I love the mix that some days Ozzy can say 'that's a triceretops mummy' and on others he's trying to lick paint of a brush!

Belfast Mummy said...

That is fabulous, a very deep understanding for a 4 year old!

I think our children will never cease to amaze us. Smaller boy at 14 months has a much better vocabulary than his sister at the age and I think it's because she provides a running commentary on absolutely everything, non stop!

Unknown said...

Mammasaurus I love that about kids. They display opposite scales of intelligence on a daily basis.

Completely mind boggling. Lol.

Unknown said...

Belfast Mummy it is so true. I was so impressed with her.

My girls chatter non stop too, so I'm sure my son will be speaking ten to the dozen in no time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...