Friday 4 May 2012

When I'm older

Source
My eldest who is four and a half said to her dad and I a few days ago;


'When I'm older I won't live with you and mummy any more will I?' 


Suddenly I had an awful ache in my heart and it really hit home.


I know it's obvious, but at that moment in time I had the realisation that by the grace of God my precious children are really going to grow up and leave home one day.  


Sometimes it's all too easy to get bogged down with the day to day chaos of being a parent and a stay at home mum, and lose sight of the fact that these days, no matter how difficult they can sometimes be, will not last forever. 


Time is whizzing by and there is so much I want to see and do with my children. There is so much I want them to see and do and experience on their own and with each other.


I feel so disorganised at times, because I have an array of activities I want them to get involved with. I must  get my head down and get things done.


After all, time waits for no man.

2 comments:

Jennifer Jain said...

I can't bear to think of my children growing up and leaving home! Luckily they are too little to have the discussion yet. I don't know what I'll do with myself (apart from sleep all night!) Thanks for the reminder to enjoy every minute :)

Unknown said...

I have to keep reminding myself all the time.

It's so easy to forget when you're exhausted and at the end of your tether that babies don't stay babies forever....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...