Monday 25 June 2012

Along the river

I had big plans for Saturday, but a combination of laziness and disorganisation overwhelmed me and scuppered them all.


Determined not to let the day turn into a wash out, I managed to get the kids sorted, rouse the OH *sigh* and get out of the front door for just gone 3pm. As time was getting on we decided to mosey on down to Canary Wharf to get a bite to eat and see what was going on in the world.


We took a lovely long walk along the river and although it wasn't sunny the weather was nice, not too warm and not too cold with a lovely riverside breeze thrown in for good measure. 


I so love London. It's simply beautiful. I can't explain it but I have such a close affinity to this vibrant city. Ever since moving away to live in West Yorkshire for a year and then coming back, I have begun to see the city of my birth in a whole new light. Before I used to take it for granted. But now I relish all it has to offer and I want my children to enjoy it too.


Better started getting organised. Fun times ahead methinks....


Daddy with our eldest and our youngest.
Middle child was relaxing in the buggy
and didn't want to move. Tsk.

Our lil man is walking up a storm bless him.

Dinner at Wagamama. Yum,Yum

Leisurely stroll



Ships ahoy

Smiles aplenty....come on Daddy!!

Health and Safety

Fancy boat

London really reminds me of New York sometimes.
Especially here. Just need some yellow taxi's.



As soon as  I lifted my phone he said 'Cheese'
Such a clever boy.

My little girl is pooped. Home time..
Such a lovely afternoon.


5 comments:

Tinuke B said...

Oh my daughter loves Canary Wharf! It's a lovely way to spend an afternoon, such a different vibe on the weekend and evenings.
Oh Natalie now I fancy some chillimen from Wagas!!

Unknown said...

Tinuke my kids loved it. We all did. Had such a nice time.

Going on impromptu trips out are the best!!

KJB Pony Adventures said...

Ah I love London too. Sometimes we forget what's right in front of us. I really should take Youngling to more local tourist spots and enjoy the pleasures that I sometimes overlook. Glad you had such a good time xx

Unknown said...

Kate so true.

Yes take Youngling out as much as you can. Know it can be super tiring sometimes but it's so much fun.

Moderne Meid said...

What a gorgeous family!! Seemed like you guys had a wonderful time x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...