Thursday 21 June 2012

My first LEGO DUPLO farm


So we received another brilliant LEGO DUPLO set to review last week. Oh how I look forward to those lovely boxes of joy.
 



On this occasion we were sent the 'My first farm' set. I had it all planned out and hid the box away from the children for a few days whilst the excitement of our little boy's first birthday calmed down.


The OH had other plans and let the kids loose on it without my careful guidance, so I was unable to see the look of delights on their faces first hand. 






It was however Father's day and I was laid up with a nasty cold feeling sorry for myself, so it was his way of keeping them entertained and yes of course it worked. In record time a hush enveloped our household. Bliss.








LEGO DUPLO is amazing at keeping young minds occupied. Even my one year old got stuck in despite the 2-5 age recommendation. This set is farm inspired and there are a range of great pieces; from pigs, cows and sheep, to tractors, windows and gates. The children loved discovering and building with them, thus providing hours of fun.
 



At a price of £19.99 for a box of 62 pieces it's great value for money, plus LEGO and DUPLO is interchangeable so it can be added to existing sets too.








The kids are always in their element when playing with LEGO DUPLO, their imaginations go into overdrive and it really helps to channel their creativity. From a piano, to a magic wand, to a hen house they've been making it all. Three cheers for LEGO DUPLO!








Getting down to business



Little brother doesn't want to miss out 

So much fun

Hen house

Tower house with beautiful flowers

I think I'm going to join in with the next play session and see if we can have a go at building the farm - Exciting! If the kids co-operate, pics to follow...


This is a review post. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...