Friday 22 June 2012

Temporary

Source
My children are growing. Fast.


It is such a cliché, but since becoming a parent I've come to truly understand the meaning of the well known phrase. 'Time flies'. 

In September my eldest starts school. And in a few days time we'll be taking her to visit and meet her teachers and buy her school uniform. It is insane to me that my little bean, who came into the world five weeks early, weighing little more than five pounds is going to school. 

I blinked my eyes and before me stands my self assured, but sometimes shy, beautiful, giggly, four and a half year old. She is about to enter a new chapter in her life, she will be learning new things, making new friends. I feel so guilty because for a while now she has wanted to learn how to read, but I haven't spent enough time with her teaching her words and helping her to recognise the spelling in the books we read. Life as mum of three is busy, but that's no excuse. I must make the time. 

From now until September I vow to read with my girls everyday and teach them how to write their names and count confidently to 30 so they are ready in September. I say girls because daughter number two will be starting pre school in September too. My babies are getting so big, and my heart although bursting with pride quietly aches. My children are evolving.

Soon they'll be no more 'quiet' mornings. I'll be joining the millions of other parents doing the school run. How quickly things change. Nothing in this life is ever permanent. I must always remember that. 

No matter how diabolical or amazing a situation may seem it will not last forever. Much like life itself.  

Soon my little boy will be following suit and my hands won't be as full as they are now. I must cherish every second with my children while I can. My time with them is temporary.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...