Friday 29 June 2012

Twitter and my winning streak...

Source
Since joining twitter several months ago, I have won so many competitions I don't know what to do with myself. It's like Christmas, but better!


Within days of setting up my account, I won a selection of Color blind greeting cards simply for following them and retweeting their competition tweet, the following week I won some fancy tweezers from Black hair and beauty magazine for doing the same thing. Following and retweeting a message.


A few weeks after that I was approached by a PR agency to review Lego Duplo products. With three small children this was such a great opportunity. I was and still am so honoured that they felt my blog was good enough for this purpose, especially as I'd only just started out on my blogging journey.


Then it went quiet for a few months. I think I got busy with moving etc, so didn't have time to enter anything. But when things settled down, I got straight back at it and entered the anniversary competition on the lovely Nicola's 'Belle Noir Bride' blog. I won that giveaway too and the prize was a gorgeous, luxurious and expensive shower cream, body lotion and hand a nail cream set which smells absolutely divine. I LOVE it and do not want it to run out...


Then I won tickets to the 'invite only' Beautiful Textures UK launch courtesy of Crystal Afro's 'United Kinkdom' blog. That event was amazing, I'm super glad I got to go. I met some fabulous bloggers, the goodie bag was fantastic and the party was even better.


Most recently I won hair products from Fiona at 'Love your tresses' blog. The prize was hair conditioner and a really expensive hair pudding  which I can not wait to start using. That's once I get through the mountain of products I've accrued as a result of all the fab events I've been attending lately


Twitter is brilliant. It's so fast paced and responsive. I've heard about events and breaking news, not to mention been a part of humorous conversations and discussions via this addictive medium. The connections I've made have been meaningful and extremely beneficial in terms of building my blog and sharing its contents.


I guess the main reason behind this post is to encourage those who want to try Twitter or who are not too sure what the benefits are, to give it a try. The opportunities are endless and the goodies are plentiful. And while you're at it why not enter my latest giveaway, you never know you may just win the prize....


Have you won many prizes via Twitter? Do you feel Twitter has exposed you to opportunities you otherwise might have missed? I'd love to hear your experience.

3 comments:

MummaG said...

Well done you! The thing with twitter is you have to know how to use it and I have no idea how to use it... need to start looking into entering some of these competitions! x

Unknown said...

Mumma G, trust me I had no clue when I first started.

I found that going through the list of followers of people that you follow is really useful as you often find that the people you like and follow, follow people similar to them, so they are bound to be of interest to you and if they are not you can always unfollow. Hope that makes sense.

Also most bloggers have twitter accounts so follow the bloggers you like, the vloggers you like, the journalists, magazines, retailers, small businesses you like, etc, etc. It all then kind of mushrooms from there. Watch out though because once you get going it's stupidly addictive, but I guess you already know that LOL.

Happy competition entering! x

MummaG said...

Thanks for the tips! I think I'll make a start later today, fun, fun, fun x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...