Monday 6 August 2012

Back track

I take it back. London is by no means empty. I don't know what I was thinking even saying such a thing *slaps wrist*. On Friday, my li'l sis, nephew, my kids and I pootled over to Docklands, despite the completely packed DLR. We had a great time and even went on the Emirates cable cars; which if you are afraid of heights like me, were quite scary - lol (I'll blog about the experience later this week hopefully).

On Saturday the OH and I ventured out to the West End. We passed by the African Bridal Show, but got there quite late, so we weren't able to get the most out of it. We had the kids with us too so we didn't stay long. The highlight was bumping into Nicola from Belle Noir Bride blog. She really is lovely.

So we left the bridal show and hit the town. London was heaving. I suppose the weekend was always going to be chaotic in the city, Olympics or not. It was nice for the children to experience the hustle and bustle though. We squeezed ourselves through Regent Street and made the obligatory visit to Hamley's which the children LOVED as always. We then ventured through Carnaby Street and took a leisurely stroll through the intricate backstreets showing the children the hidden gems of London. (If you're on Instagram you'll see more pics I took on the day.) My feet were burning me by the time we began to head home. But then that's always a sign of a perfect day.

Here are a few pics. No captions I'm afraid. Still blogging on my iPhone......

3 comments:

Tinuke B said...

looks like you managed to have a great time regardless of the crowds!
Nearly went into work on Friday until reading the TFL memo that it would be one of the busiest days of the Games! So happy I stayed indoors!

Unknown said...

Yes we did have a lovely time. Trust us to pick the two busiest days of the Olympics to venture out lol. We survived to tell the tale so it's all good. : )

KJB Pony Adventures said...

Hey girlies, I am sooo in love with London. Always have been. I don't think I could live there but I love commuting in now and then. We should all meet up sometime soon? PS; That wedding dress is utterly to die for. LUSH :-) Take care, Kate
(aka Makeshift Mummy from www.facebook.com/MakeshiftMummy)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...