Wednesday 22 August 2012

Geek

I've yet to decide whether it's motherhood or simply getting older that has turned me into a bit of a nerd.

When it comes to certain items in my life, I have noticed that I have grown to love things I previously wouldn't have batted an eyelid.

Take the humble flask for instance. This is something I obviously knew existed but it never really had any purpose in my life. Nowadays I can't quite fathom how I ever survived before I owned one. My poor daughters had to suffer luke warm or even stone cold bottles of milk that had been made hours ago as I juggled babies and errands. Now, since I discovered the flask for myself, my son isn't subjected to the same fate as his sisters. He gets fresh, warm; sometimes even hot bottles of milk on the go. I feel like such a good Mummy now. Thanks Thermos.

The next item I'm in love with is the Cooler Bag. Picnicking and days out have never been so enjoyable now I'm able to keep everything crisp and cold on even the hottest of days. Not to mention the little reusable ice packs you can keep in your freezer and place in your cooler bag to keep it extra cold. Genius.

Lastly, I've just acquired a portable hard drive 1TB (that's 500Gb x 2 - woo hoo). It has the capacity to store over 100,000 photo's!!!! My goodness that little block gets my little heart skipping with joy. For years I've been rubbish at sorting out photos and making space on memory cards and sim cards and phones and laptops. It got so bad that our camera has been abandoned for months, maybe even years because we filled up the memory card and couldn't find a replacement for it. It's only thanks to the good old iPhone that we've been able to capture our children and their precious moments. So that'll be my task over the coming weeks. Freeing up space on my iPhone and laptop, so they'll run faster and I can focus on capturing and archiving more precious moments from my life.

What items bring out the geek in you?

2 comments:

Tinuke B said...

ooh I've been meaning to get an external hard drive for ages!
Hmm I may just have to do some online shopping now...

Unknown said...

The hard drive is fab. A bit pricey but worth it in the end. Well that's what I keep telling myself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...