Friday 28 September 2012

Friday reflections

I've decided to write a weekly 'Friday reflections' post dedicated to uplifting, rejoicing and reflecting. I'm finding that it's all too easy for me to forget how blessed I am sometimes.This morning for instance, I woke up in a good enough mood, but slowly things started happening which began to seriously throw me off course, you know the usual stuff; kids not listening, kids moaning, kids bickering, a certain somebody still sleeping. I was irritated that such minor incidents, in the grand scheme of things, can really, and I mean REALLY, upset my whole mood. That ain't right!

Choosing to remain upbeat and positive is precisely that, a choice. It is so easy to see the negative in a difficult situation, to let  it pull you down and ruin your whole day, week, month, year, LIFE. I say this because we all have people, weaknesses or scenario's who and for whatever reason seem to bring out the worst in us, throwing us off our positive stride. What I am beginning to realise however, is that whatever we feel has nothing to do with anybody or anything else and everything to do with ourselves. After all, we can only control and be accountable for our own behaviour, no one else's.

I am learning to lay all my anxieties and worries at God's feet and by this I mean conversing (praying) with Him in the midst of my trials. My prayers go something like this;

"Dear Lord, you know I'm struggling with keeping it together right now, please help me to remain calm and in control in this situation. I can not do this on my own. I lay this burden at your feet Lord and I give you all the glory. Amen."

If we really think about it what does fretting actually achieve besides giving us knots in our stomachs, aches in our heads and seriously bad attitudes? If we choose to remain focused on being joyful and allow God to take care of everything else, we come a step closer to achieving real inner peace.

I joined Instagram nearly a year ago and as with all things it took some getting used to, but as I've become more familiar with it I am growing fond of this social media tool. I especially like the uplifting word and picture messages I come across from day to day or that my sisters send to me. If you follow me on Instagram you may have noticed I've been posting my own messages too. Below are a selection I thought I'd share. Along with praying, reading my Bible and listening to sermons, these little messages really do lift my spirits on a daily basis. I hope they do the same for you too.























No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...