Tuesday 25 September 2012

Twist-outs are not my friend....yet!

So yesterday my hair looked like a ball of frizz. A combination of being too pre-occupied to properly moisturise and the torrential rain left me with a dry looking, fluffy mop which was trying to break free from the mum bun. Thoroughly embarrassed with the state  my tresses were in, I set about lovingly restoring it's inner lustre. 

Firstly I spritzed with my trusty water and Extra Virgin Olive oil mix, immediately my coils came to life and felt supple and bouncy as opposed to dry and fuzzy. I then locked in the moisture by applying Coconut oil and BeUnique Mango twist.  Then I  flat twisted into approximately ten sections and bantu knotted the ends after sealing with Jamaican Black Castor oil. I was rather impressed with my flat twists and I had high hopes for the subsequent twis-out, but alas it was not to be. YET!

This morning I was in my usual rush, battling to get three children up, washed, dressed, watered and out of the door by 7.45am. I suppose that was my first mistake. I was in a rush. Taking out twists and being in a rush apparently do not mix! Despite oiling my hands and unravelling each twist from the end, they still seemed to snag or get caught up. 

I think this may be due to me not twisting with two completely separate sections. Sometimes a stray hair will creep in from the other section leaving a befuddled mess, which leaves the twist out susceptible to a lack of definition and subsequent frizzing. Maybe I need to introduce a bit of gel?? Who knows? It's all trial and error I guess, but I'll keep on trialling and erroring (that's not a word, but you catch my drift). Practice most certainly makes perfect. But until then I've always got my reliable friend the UPDO!! Thank you Jesus!



Last night's flat twists.
I had to achieve greatness with these babies right?



The twist-out. OK I suppose.
Beautifully moisturised, but not a beautiful twist-out.


Evidence of another failed twist out.
For now the updo is my friend. 

My faithful friend. The updo!

2 comments:

MummaG said...

It certainly looks lovely and soft!

Unknown said...

MummaG thanks : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...