Friday 2 November 2012

Friday reflections - Week 5

It's Friday Reflection time and there is a lot to reflect on and be thankful for. If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen the pictures I posted from my wedding dress shopping experience last week. Well exciting news.....The dress has been bought!

Yes I did it, I bought my wedding dress and I'm really happy with it. Thank you Lord for your wisdom and guidance. I paid a fraction of the cost because it was a closing down sale, so; 'chuffed to bits' doesn't come close to how excited I am. I'll have to get it dry cleaned, the bust area needs altering and there are a few little snaggy bits that need tidying up, but other than that it fits like a glove. I'll really need to watch what I eat though because if anything, I could do with dropping a pound or two - it fits that well!

I'm so glad my little sister was able to come with me, her opinion was invaluable and she took some great photos which further allowed me to take a good look at what worked and what didn't. I even tried on some veils which really added the WOW factor (so that'll be my next purchase). It was such an amazing experience. I was quite apprehensive to begin with, but once I started putting the dresses on I really did feel like a princess.

On another note, getting married in a tropical setting is looking highly unlikely. Little man's passport still hasn't arrived. There is a slight delay due to extra checks having to be made as it's his first passport, but not to worry as we have found a fabulous venue in the UK, which exceeds anything we could have hoped for. Thank God for His wisdom and mercy. The pace is really beginning to pick up on the wedding front and more will be revealed as it happens.

In the meantime I've been reading some fabulous Christian books which are completely enriching my life. Pastor and author Francis Chan is an amazing Spirit filled man of God who is really opening my eyes to what it means to be a Christian who is on fire for Jesus. Within the space of a week and a half I've read three of his books and they have really intensified my walk with God. The Bible is becoming clearer to me the more I read it. My life is forever changed for the better and I often ask myself; 'What took you so long to realise how real and how great, a close, personal relationship with God really is?' I could have saved myself a lot of pain and heartache; (not saying the Christian walk is easy, because it is not. But I have a peace and a comfort I never experienced before), He knew, and He knows everything I was and am going to do before I did or do it. He knows the deepest part of my being, He knows my heart, He knows what is best for me and His timing is perfect.

I'm going to leave you all with a powerful prayer that Francis wrote in his book 'Erasing Hell'. It pierced my heart and soul and had me in tears. I want to be the kind of Christian that reaches out to those in need and puts others before myself. I want to live in a way that glorifies Christ and pleases him. I want to be more like Him and less like me. His way is perfect. (Psalms 18:30).

Father I put all my faith and trust in You. Only You can change me, only You can make me Holy. I submit to Your will for my life in Jesus mighty name. Amen!

Have a wonderful weekend lovely readers. God bless x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...