Friday 15 February 2013

Friday reflection - Things are getting real around here...


Hello everybody,

Well what can I say? A LOT has been going down. The Mr and I were at the registry office this morning giving our notice of marriage...yes it's all go, and we've confirmed the date and venue. Whoopeeeee!! The way the sun was beaming down this morning after the appointment, made me feel so blessed to be alive. I know the good Lord is shining His face on us and we are walking the path He wants us to walk. I know it's not always going to be easy, nothing in life is, but when I am weak He is strong. He has already proved this to me time and time again. Glory to God!!

We're getting married in mid April, not the end of March (as we thought last week), to be honest that is much better even though there's only a few weeks in it. So the date is Friday 12 April 2013 and it's all go, Go, GO!! 8 weeks TODAY!!! Ooooweeeeee!!

As mentioned last week, I had my first dress fitting which went really well. The seamstress is great. I've got a second fitting next Saturday, by which time I'll have to have my shoes. I saw a lovely pair last night at Westfield when Alex and I went out for a meal, but alas they were too small. The price was perfect but the hobbling after a minute on my feet was not... lol.

We tried on rings too that was VERY exciting. Alex isn't really a jewellery wearing type of guy but the ring looked amazing on his hand. This is all beginning to feel so real. I'm still in awe of how things have turned around at the speed they have, in the way they have. Seriously when God says something IT GETS DONE, and not in our time but HIS. Favor, favor, favor, Glory, glory, glory.

As the picture above says an AWESOME God deserves an AWESOME praise and let me tell you if you begin to take your walk with Him seriously your mind will be blown by the faithfulness He will show you. Praise Him forever!!
Doesn't the ring look gorgeous on his hand?
I loved mine too. So delicate.
Need to try on again with my engagement ring.

2 comments:

Pettite Diva said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Pettite Diva, thank you lovely lady. It's all so exciting!

By the way I'll be sending you a copy of the Joyce Meyer book 'Do yourself a favour and forgive'. I'll email you shortly for your postal address details x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...