Thursday 11 July 2013

School sports day

Bean bag race...

My eldest daughter had her school sports day on Tuesday. It doesn't seem that long ago that I was the little girl going to school and having sports days and school trips. So mind blowing to think this is the first of many school sports days I'll now be attending as a Mum ....

Anyway....nostalgia aside, the weather was glorious and as the event was held at the local park it was the perfect setting for my youngest two children to play with their friends whilst I caught up with the other Mum's. The afternoon was pleasant and full of lighthearted fun as we watched our kids partake in old classics such as the egg and spoon race, sack race and the bean bag on the head race....memories.

At the end of the childrens races, the parents had a chance to compete in an 80m race. First Dad's then Mum's. I didn't really want to race and would have been happy to take a back seat. Alex was doing stretches and psyching himself up as soon as he got a sniff of the fact that the parents would be racing LOL.....He is sooo competitive. Needless to say he won his race with ease. Then came my turn, about 15 mums huddled together at the starting line. I had to run barefoot as I only had my flip flops and they are most DEFINITELY NOT suitable for any type of running, let alone an 80m sprint. Anyway the deputy head started the race with the usual on your marks, get set.....and I was transported back to my school days when I used to run for my school at district level.......as soon as the deputy head boomed GO!! off I darted. Alex said I left everyone way behind, funny thing is, I didn't even feel like I was trying, I guess some traits/abilities never really leave you. LOL.....

Everyone commented on our childrens 'speedy parents', and this morning one of the teachers mentioned she'll be training for next years sports day, as the competition seemed pretty stiff..... You've got to laugh....

Sack race

Little sis clowning around

Daddy is  a true sportsman!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...